At a glance
You are entitled to a deferred pension under the Final salary plan if you have left the plan (either because you chose to opt out of the plan or because you no longer work for Unilever) and you either have the Trustees' agreement that you may retain your benefits in the plan or you have been in pensionable service under the plan for more than two years.
As a deferred member of the Final salary plan:
- Your pension is based on your final pensionable salary and your pensionable service at the time you left the plan and is normally payable at age 65.
- You can draw your pension from age 55 onwards, if you have the Trustees' consent.
- Unilever meets the costs of your Final salary plan benefits not covered by your chosen level of contributions while you were an active member.
Please also note:
The actual Fund benefits you receive on retirement and the amount of pension you can exchange for tax-free cash, will depend on a number of factors, including the age at which you retire, the pension rights you have built up in the Fund, and pension law at that time.
Any discretionary practice described on this website, and any change to any such discretionary practice, in each case remains a discretionary practice which the Company retains the right to amend in the future.
Where any right to draw any pension early is subject to Trustee and/or Company consent, then nothing in this website shall be treated as giving Trustee and/or Company consent to the drawing of that benefit. Trustee and/or Company consent may only be given at the time when the benefit is proposed to come into payment.
If you were part of an acquisition, or have transferred-in benefits, different rules may apply to your benefits, including your early retirement terms or the commutation factors applying to your pension.
- view an up to date balance of your Investing plan account;
- find more details about the funds available to you, in the fund fact sheets;
- see how your Investing plan account is invested;
- make changes to your fund choices if you want to; and
- check transactions on your Investing plan account.
You can find PlanViewer at www.planviewer.co.uk.
If you have any questions about accessing PlanViewer, or need a reminder of your login details, please call Fidelity’s Pension Service Centre on 0800 3 68 68 68.
For more information on the plans, please download the Career average and Investing plan guides from the downloadable documents area.