Useful links

No liability is accepted for the content of any site operated by a third party which may be accessed via links from this site. Unilever, the Pensions Team and the Trustees do not necessarily support or endorse the views of these external organisations.

Please let us know via the feedback facility if any link does not take you to the correct location or does not work.

The Unilever State Benefits helpline

The Unilever State Benefits helpline exists to help you find out if you are entitled to claim extra benefits from the State, such as Pension Credit, Council Tax Benefit and Attendance Allowance. If you have any queries relating to the State benefits, or are unsure if you or your family qualify for any extra benefits from the State, call our confidential helpline for advice. Thousands of Unilever pensioners have discovered that they are entitled to extra State benefits through calling the helpline.

Phone: 01494 729 796


GOV.UK is the Government website which draws together all the information available about public services and State benefits into one place.

When you first visit GOV.UK, you’ll see that one of the links goes to the ‘Working, jobs and pensions’ section. Here you will find a section explaining State pensions, along with a wealth of information to help support your financial planning. The Tracing Service – which may be able to help you find a scheme you have lost touch with since leaving it – is also in this section.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

Impartial information and tools to help you with all things money related.

The Money and Pension Service

This is the new body which includes the previously separate sites of Pensionwise, the Pensions Advisory Service and the Money Advice Service. It features information to assist people to make making financial decisions, including about pensions. There are links to documents, tools and calculators which can help you to look at different circumstances. There are links on the Money Advice Service section to help you to find a qualified Independent Financial Adviser close to where you live.

Remember: not all IFAs are qualified to give pensions advice and you should check that any adviser you contact is properly qualified and authorised. You can do this on the Financial Conduct Authority website which also has information about all money-related matters, including a list of firms which claim to be authorised to advise but are not.

Please note that Unilever does not accept any responsibility or liability for any advice given by an Independent Financial Adviser.

The Pensions Ombudsman (TPO)

If you have an issue with your Unilever pension you should first contact the Unilever UK Pensions Team at Capita. Their details can be found on the "Contacts" page. If you’re still dissatisfied, TPO offer an Early Resolution Service which you can also contact to discuss your concerns and determine the best way to proceed.

It may be that after initial discussions you wish to go through the Unilever UK Pension Fund’s internal dispute procedure. If after this you feel unsatisfied with the outcome, TPO has the power to investigate and determine any complaints and disputes of fact or law relating to company pension schemes.

Please note that TPO will expect you to have gone through the Unilever UK Pension Fund’s internal dispute procedure before this stage.

The Pensions Ombudsman is based at:

10 South Colonnade
Canary Wharf
E14 4PU

Phone: 0800 917 4487


The Pensions Regulator

The Regulator oversees the running of pension schemes in the UK and can step in where trustees, employers or professional advisers have failed in their duties.

The Pensions Regulator
Napier House
Trafalgar Place


The Pensions Tracing Service

GOV.UK: Pension Tracing Service

If you have lost touch with previous pensions, you can use this website to try to find how to contact them.